Certified Insurance Appraiser / Adjuster / Umpire
CEOP (Certified Emergency Operations Professional) – CPAU (Certified Property Appraiser & Umpire)
Henry Rodriguez, CPAU Accomplished and Certified Insurance Appraiser, Adjuster, and Umpire with 30+ years of diverse professional success in large-scale emergency management as well as small-scale projects working with Insurance companies, Governments / Municipalities, Policyholders, Law Firms, and HOA / POAs settling disputed claims efficiently through Appraisal. Trusted professional with numerous Court appointments to Umpire disputed claims. Licensed in multiple states with experience appraising losses Nationally and Internationally. Known for a high-level of expertise, integrity, and dependability. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Municipal Claims Management Service – Appraiser / Umpire Miami, FL 11/2012 – Present
- Court Appointed Umpire in FL, NJ, and PA.
- Approximate appointments: Appraiser 70% Umpire 30%.
- Serve as Appraiser for Homeowner (HOA) and Condominium Owner Associations, Public and Medical Facilities and private losses in Florida, North East and Caribbean.
- Collaborated with Office of Insurance Commissioner in establishing the Appraisal process in Puerto Rico, amending the law as it applied in 2018 making it retro-active, mandatory and binding for hurricanes Irma and Maria.
- Led Certification classes for Umpires and Appraisers at the Colegio de Contadores (CPA College) in concert with Insurance Appraisers and Umpires Association (IAUA) and other Industry leaders.
- Appointed Umpire for 75+ claims caused by Hurricanes Michael and Irma in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Over 350 Hurricane Irma claims in Florida.
- Appointed Appraiser to 150 Hurricane Michael Appraisals, and 4,000 disputed claims in Florida.
- Appraised SS Sandy losses in New York, Gatlinburg Fire in Tennessee.
- Handled 50 appraisals during California’s 2017 wildfires, collectively causing $13B in insured losses.
- Worked with major insurers, municipal and government officials towards indemnification of scheduled risks for one of the counties affected by Hurricane Michael.
- Settled $48M disputed claim (appointed by NY Law firm).
- Appraiser on approximately 175 disputed claims.
- Handled multiple disputes valued over $50M.
- Worked with FEMA and other Government agencies in coordination of catastrophe recovery.
- Assisted Insurers, Municipalities, HOAs, POAs, Businesses and Homeowners in securing assistance for Rapid Catastrophe Recovery; identified and recruited Subject Matter Experts as needed.
Municipal Claims Management Service – Claims Appraiser Greater New York City Area 11/2012 – 2018
- Appointed appraiser and umpire to approximately 200 claims in New York area.
- Assessed damages and led a group of Professional Remediators for the clearing of homes and public housing buildings.
- Collaborated on the creation of protocol for licensing mold remediators by New York State. Instrumental in securing almost $1B for mold remediation of tri-state area homes and HUD housing.
City of Miami – Claims Consultant/Appraiser Miami 11/2009 – 10/2010
● Served as Risk Management and Claims Consultant reporting to City Manager and City Mayor Tomas Regalado.
ProJust Inc. – President Adjuster / Appraiser / Umpire Miami, FL 09/2005 – 06/2010 ● Responsibility for +$400M of disputed claims for over 5,000 appraisals representing Florida based Insurers and Policyholders.
CERTIFICATIONS CPAU / IAUA(Certified Property Insurance Appraiser and Umpire)
ACAC – American Council for Accredited Certification
CEOP (Council-Certified Emergency Operations Professional)
Haag Engineering – Earthquake Adjuster
Windstorm Insurance Network, Inc. – Certified Advanced Umpire & Certified Appraiser
Collins Center for Public Policy – Certified Umpire
Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association – Certified Appraiser & Umpire
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation – Certified Independent Adjuster
ORGANIZATIONS / AFFILIATIONS Windstorm Insurance Network – 2006 – PresentSouth Florida Claims Association – March 2008 – PresentNational Association of Catastrophe Adjusters – May 2007 – PresentInsurance Appraisal and Umpire Association, Inc. – October 2010 – PresentInternational Association of Special Investigation Units
HONORS & AWARDS
Recognition of Service, Florida Senator Flores, 2019
Recognition of Service, City of West Miami
The City of West Miami recognized Henry Rodriguez for his assistance in Disaster Recovery not only for the City of West Miami but also for the South Florida residents and business community. Mayor Eduardo Muhiña and Vice-Mayor Luciano Suárez presented Henry with a Certificate of Recognition.
Recognition of Service City of Miami
Mayor Thomas Regalado presented Mr. Rodriguez with a certificate honoring him not only for his commitment to fair insurance practices and disputed claims resolutions but for spending countless hours to elevate the quality of life not only for the citizens of the City of Miami but for all of South Florida.