Enrique (Henry) Rodriguez Certified Insurance Appraiser / Adjuster / Umpire
Henry Rodriguez, CPAU Accomplished and Certified Insurance Appraiser, Adjuster, and Umpire with 30+ years of diverse professional success in large-scale emergency management as well as small-scale projects working with Insurance companies, Governments / Municipalities, Policyholders, Law Firms, and HOA / POAs settling disputed claims efficiently through Appraisal. Trusted professional with numerous Court appointments to Umpire disputed claims. Licensed in multiple states with experience appraising losses Nationally and Internationally. Known for a high-level of expertise, integrity, and dependability. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
● Court Appointed Umpire in FL, NJ, and PA.
● Approximate appointments: Appraiser 70% Umpire 30%.
● Serve as Appraiser for Homeowner (HOA) and Condominium Owner Associations, Public and Medical Facilities and private losses in Florida, North East and Caribbean.
● Collaborated with Office of Insurance Commissioner in establishing the Appraisal process in Puerto Rico, amending the law as it applied in 2018 making it retro-active, mandatory and binding for hurricanes Irma and Maria.
● Led Certification classes for Umpires and Appraisers at the Colegio de Contadores (CPA College) in concert with Insurance Appraisers and Umpires Association (IAUA) and other Industry leaders.
● Appointed Umpire for 75+ claims caused by Hurricanes Michael and Irma in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
● Over 350 Hurricane Irma claims in Florida.
● Appointed Appraiser to 150 Hurricane Michael Appraisals, and 4,000 disputed claims in Florida.
● Appraised SS Sandy losses in New York, Gatlinburg Fire in Tennessee.
● Handled 50 appraisals during California’s 2017 wildfires, collectively causing $13B in insured losses.
● Worked with major insurers, municipal and government officials towards indemnification of scheduled risks for one of the counties affected by Hurricane Michael.
● Settled $48M disputed claim (appointed by NY Law firm).
● Appraiser on approximately 175 disputed claims.
● Handled multiple disputes valued over $50M.
● Worked with FEMA and other Government agencies in coordination of catastrophe recovery.
● Assisted Insurers, Municipalities, HOAs, POAs, Businesses and Homeowners in securing assistance for Rapid Catastrophe Recovery; identified and recruited Subject Matter Experts as needed.
● Appointed appraiser and umpire to approximately 200 claims in New York area.
● Assessed damages and led a group of Professional Remediators for the clearing of homes and public housing buildings.
● Collaborated on the creation of protocol for licensing mold remediators by New York State. Instrumental in securing almost $1B for mold remediation of tri-state area homes and HUD housing.
● Served as Risk Management and Claims Consultant reporting to City Manager and City Mayor Tomas Regalado.
ACAC – American Council for Accredited Certification
CEOP (Council-Certified Emergency Operations Professional)
Haag Engineering – Earthquake Adjuster
Windstorm Insurance Network, Inc. – Certified Advanced Umpire & Certified Appraiser
Collins Center for Public Policy – Certified Umpire
Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association – Certified Appraiser & Umpire
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation – Certified Independent Adjuster
South Florida Claims Association – March 2008 – Present
National Association of Catastrophe Adjusters – May 2007 – Present
Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association, Inc. – October 2010 – Present
International Association of Special Investigation Units
Recognition of Service, Florida Senator Flores, 2019
Recognition of Service, City of West Miami
The City of West Miami recognized Henry Rodriguez for his assistance in Disaster Recovery not only for the City of West Miami but also for the South Florida residents and business community. Mayor Eduardo Muhiña and Vice-Mayor Luciano Suárez presented Henry with a Certificate of Recognition.
Recognition of Service City of Miami
Mayor Thomas Regalado presented Mr. Rodriguez with a certificate honoring him not only for his commitment to fair insurance practices and disputed claims resolutions but for spending countless hours to elevate the quality of life not only for the citizens of the City of Miami but for all of South Florida.
Who's Who Men of Influence An interview with Henry Rodriguez, CEO of Municpal Claims Management Services
Generally, it is clinically efficient but socially deficient which makes it lacking to our industry which although very fact oriented is also about as personal as it gets. We have applied current technology such as 3D imaging which allows us to virtually tour the structures. We are in the midst of a very active hurricane season with six systems being tracked in the Atlantic. Masks, sanitizer, gloves etc. must be made part of hurricane kits. Protection of high-risk family members must be considered in case of evacuation. We are confident not only that we will get through this but be better when all is done.
Did you or do you have a mentor?
I’ve had more mentors than anyone deserves. From several encounters with Henry Kissinger in Washington Heights (his mother’s apartment) from whom I learned more about negotiations than in all the books I’ve read. Several senior attorneys and judges sharpened me on the finer points of deliberation.
Did you plan your career or stumble on it?
Andrew slammed Florida August ’92, I was renovating an apartment building in Miami and had an abundance of material and manpower. Friends and family reached out when they encountered vastdifferences between Insurer and contractor estimates. Sitting in my uncles’ roof-less house was the first time I carefully read an insurance policy, he had received a check for under $20,000 and our estimate $150,000. After Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico, the insurance commissioner realized that insurance appraisal would be a great tool in processing all those claims. We held several training sessions there and certified appraisers and umpires for the first time on the Island. We had a similar opportunity after the Soviet Union morphed into Russia and the birth of Russian insurance companies. We were requested to assist with the instruction of several claim managers for newly formed Russian Insurers.
PREVIOUSLY: MIAMI – Aug. 4, 2016 Henry E. Rodriguez of Municipal Claims Management Services Inc. Earns Prestigious ACAC Certification
Mr. Rodriguez was a key player in the development, patenting, marketing and manufacturing of window shutter systems presently used throughout the state of Florida. His diligent research during this product development made him very familiar with state codes as they apply to windstorm and how they actually affect and compromise structural integrity.
Clear, Concise Communication
A direct question deserves a direct answer: an answer that isn’t full of industry-specific terms or confusing explanations. Mr. Rodriguez has a reputation for effectively and clearly communicating complex industry practices. He has co-authored jargon-free guides for Standard Operating Procedures as applied to various industries. All of these SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) have received the approval of Federal and/or State Government Agencies.
Established History of Results
As CEO of ProJust Inc, Mr. Rodriguez personally appraised or had ultimate responsibility for over Two Hundred Seventy million dollars ($270,000,000) of appraisal demand for Florida Insurers as a result of Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma, resulting in the accurate adjustment of overall payout demands by approximately 52% with an R.O.I. to Insurers that exceeded 2,020%.
Recognized and Respected
Years as a business leader has enabled Mr. Rodriguez to develop strong ties and relationships with Insurance Company Claims and FEMA Personnel, engineers, architects, local and state building officials, contractors and many others in key positions. As a trusted and respected professional, Mr. Rodriguez is called upon for his expertise in many claim doctrines, serving in a variety of positions, often court appointed to Umpire for disputed claims. Licensed in several states including Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri, Montana, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Michigan, Mr. Rodriguez is known by clients and peers for his integrity, knowledge, dependability and proven results. He is bilingual and possesses a deep understanding of many cultures, respective customs and business ideologies.
Superstorm Sandy Update-Since November 2012 – Present:
Greater NYC area: Catastrophe Recovery Professional deployed to assess damages, establish a cohesive group of Professional Remediators to assist in the identification and clearing of water damaged homes, categorize as to severity and work with the consortium of remediation companies, NGOs, faith based organizations, government, assist and integrate community based organizations, establish protocol, assure safety standards are implemented and supervise reporting to responsive parties
Click Here to Read Full Article..
Recognition of Service by City of West Miami
City of West Miami Luciano L. Suarez, Vice Mayor & Eduardo H. Muhina, Mayor
The City of West Miami recognized Enrique (Henry) Rodriguez for his assistance in Disaster Recovery not only for the City of West Miami but also for the South Florida residents and business community. Mayor Eduardo Muhiña and Vice-Mayor Luciano Suárez presented Henry with a Certificate of Recognition commending him on his accomplishments as CEO of Municipal Claims Management Services and his exemplary citizenry.